Thursday, October 27, 2005

but the sun is still in the sky and shining above you

I found out this morning that I didn't get into UT. I felt totally deflated and called my mom crying at 7:30. It actually turned out to be a transcript problem, and they said I could appeal it, but they wouldn't guarantee anything, since it was pretty much my fault.

But on the bright side, St. Edwards University's deadline isn't until November 15th, so I'm applying there, which I meant to do anyway, and just never did. My therapist said they have a great psychology program, and he has several colleagues there and recommends it. And it's a much smaller school (only 4,000 as opposed to UT's 40,000), so I'd probably be a lot happier there anyway. It's always better to feel more like a person than a number. So I've already started my application (it's incredibly short and easy compared to UT's, also), called the University of Arkansas and Art Institute to have my transcripts sent over, and set up an appointment with an admissions counselor for next week. So hopefully everything will work out in the end, and maybe I'll be really happy at St. Ed's. It's a beautiful campus and seems to have a very active, liberal student life (even though it's a Catholic university), so I'm actually looking forward to it. Not the end of the world.

On a much lighter, and more arbitrary note, I feel like I'm in high school again: I have a pretend boyfriend. His name is David Fisher and he's a character on Six Feet Under. I'm totally obsessed, it's sick. Anyway, he's on my desktop at work, and I just sit and think about what our life would be like together. It's not the actor, Michael C. Hall, that I like, mind you. It's the character. He's so great. Is that so wrong?

No comments: