Saturday, October 20, 2007

Own It

I was tagged by Stacy.

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be “totally lame,” but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it:

(Well it's funny that she should tag me for this today, because just last night I had a conversation with Tom and Meredith about how we no longer believe in the idea of "guilty pleasures," since, if it's something we like, then obviously it's a part of our essence, thus, we shouldn't feel guilty about it. I like that. So here goes.)

1. I love McDonald's. It flies in the face of everything I believe in, as far as health, politics, sustainable and nutrient food growth, and all that shit, but I just can't help it. I use it as a treat. If I've eaten really well for awhile, or I just feel really bad, I eat McDonald's. It's disgusting, and I hate it afterwards, and I always feel incredibly guilty when I eat it, like a drug habit I have to hide, but man, I love it going down.

2. I love Will & Grace. I think it's brilliantly hilarious, and could watch it all day long. It's one of the few (if the only) shows I've ever seen that actually makes me bellow out laughing when I'm watching it alone in my room at 11:30 at night. Once I got over my indignation that the whole show is just one giant hideous stereotype, I started really enjoying it.

3. I get really big crushes on TV characters (yes, I'm almost 30 years old....). Not on the actors. On the characters. Both on narrative shows and reality shows.

4. I want to have the kind of life that makes people jealous. I want to be envied and admired, and I hope that, in at least some small way, every man who's ever broken my heart forever regrets not ending up with me. I also hope they all get fat and I only get better looking as I age.

5. I still fantasize about being a rock star and practice my perfect guitar stance in the mirror. At least once a week.

I tag Tom and Mandy.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I have my post completed, but my stupid domain expired today, so as soon as the renewal goes through, you can read my five things!