Thursday, November 09, 2006

Things just keep getting better!

- The Democrats took both the House and the Senate.

- Rumsfeld was fired!!!!

- Arizona was the first state to vote down a hateful, discriminatory same-sex marriage
ban, which would have also included civil unions and domestic partnership benefits.

- South Dakota voted down an abortion ban!!

- And now.....drum roll please......Rush Limbaugh admits he's a liar and a scumbag and the Republicans' bitch!

Now, I mentioned to you at the conclusion of the previous hour that people have been asking me how I feel all night long. I got, "Boy, Rush, I wouldn't want to be you tomorrow! Boy, I wouldn't want to have to do your show! Oh-ho. I'm so glad I'm not you." Well, folks, I love being me. (I can't be anybody else, so I'm stuck with it.) The way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does.

I believe my side is worthy of victory, and I believe it's much easier to reform things that are going wrong on my side from a position of strength. Now I'm liberated from having to constantly come in here every day and try to buck up a bunch of people who don't deserve it, to try to carry the water and make excuses for people who don't deserve it. I did not want to sit here and participate, willingly, in the victory of the libs, in the victory of the Democrat Party by sabotaging my own. But now with what has happened yesterday and today, it is an entirely liberating thing. If those in our party who are going to carry the day in the future -- both in Congress and the administration -- are going to choose a different path than what most of us believe, then that's liberating. I don't say this with any animosity about anybody, and I don't mean to make this too personal.


There must be a LOT of people so perplexed and scratching their heads right now. I feel like this country got turned upside down over night. And it feels wonderful.

No comments: