Monday, February 18, 2008

Excuse me if I'm grumpy today. I haven't slept in over 30 hours....

After a very long day yesterday starting at 8am, working on my thesis for about 5 hours, then going to a very busy and shitty shift at work, I came home, ate a little something, had a nice glass of wine, blogged a bit, read a bit, and was in bed before midnight, barely able to keep my eyes open.

Anybody wanna guess what time I finally got to sleep?

...


Wait for it.....
















....Around 6am this morning. And I had to get back up at 8.

Insomnia of this type is a special kind of hell. And the worst part is that whenever I got up to do something to distract myself, like read some more, watch really boring TV (and I can tell you that at 3 or 4 in the morning, there ain't shit on TV), count as high as I can, walk around the dark house without turning on any lights and stare out the window at the street for 20 minutes, I would find myself yawning, feeling my eyes grow heavy and my body weary, but as soon as I would lay back down in bed - boom.

Wide awake again.

All I have to say is that I better sleep tonight.

No comments: