Tuesday, February 07, 2006

And he stumbled over his words in the most endearing way

Who is this man in front of me? He sounds like a redneck and who the hell has ever heard of DeSoto, Texas? He wore a brown belt with black shoes.

But we 2-stepped and sang along to George Strait. At first we were stepping all over each other, but eventually we got into a groove and even got comfortable doing twirls. We were all over that dance floor.

We ended up talking about James Baldwin and Ayn Rand. He was married once for a year and a half when he was 23. Funny.

I got to the St. Edwards library 3 minutes before they closed in order to print out my paper that's due tomorrow morning at 8, because we spent so much time kissing in his car.

"I wasn't expecting that."

We argued about who lunged for who first. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

I ran into my therapist. We chatted for a bit. Goddamn, I miss that guy. He's so awesome.

Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Making out is awesome. I'm glad you had a good time on your date. Hey, DeSoto is in DFW (actually in Dallas County)... I think it might be the town with all of the construction on 35.

Anonymous said...

~grin~

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can get over the whole brown belt with black shoes thing.

Victor

ryan said...

luckily you don't have to.

and if this goes any further, it'll give me a project to work on. he was wearing a very nice shirt. you would've liked it.