Monday, May 14, 2007

Maybe the best news I've heard in weeks.

Apparently, Lars von Trier is too depressed to make any more movies.

Danish director Lars von Trier has revealed he takes no pleasure in filmmaking, and isn't sure whether he can continue to create movies after a period of depression.

Von Trier, who directed Breaking the Waves, Dancer in the Dark starring the singer Bjork and 2003's Dogville starring Nicole Kidman, says the depression has left him "like a blank sheet of paper," losing focus and initiative.


Maybe he's depressed because he went back and watched his own movies and realized how much he sucks.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Finally! someone else who thinks Dancer in the Dark is hilarious..

I did love Breaking the Waves.

ryan said...

Oh, I didn't think it was hilarious. I was furious. A movie has never made me so angry, or made me feel so much contempt for the people sitting around me sniffling.

But now that you mention it, I guess it is kind of hilarious.

That wretched Nicole Kidman movie made me lose all respect for her, too, for taking part part in such a monstrous exercise, and convinced me that the only solution was to execute von Trier.

Breaking the Waves was alright, I guess. And I remember liking The Idiots when I saw it, but I'm sure I'd hate it now.