Friday, September 14, 2007

"Suck it, Jesus."

Apparently Fox News is all upset that Kathy Griffin finally said something funny.

Upon her Emmy win, she said, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus...Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now."

Fox News' religion correspondent (a superfluous and useless job if ever there was one) Lauren Green tries to make an argument that it's only because of Jesus that Griffin won her award, but only ends up making the argument that Jesus gave Griffin the right to say what she said. There's a difference. I guess I could quote what Green wrote so you don't have to read it yourself if you're interested, but I'm already bored with this story. I just wanted to write that Kathy Griffin quote.

1 comment:

Warwick said...

That's the first thing that popped in the head when I saw the clip the other day. That Kathy Griffin finally said something funny.