Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've never been on a panel before....

Yesterday I received an email from one of my professors who's teaching a Human Sexuality class for a summer session at Southwestern. It's the same class I took last semester at St. Ed's. Anyway, they're putting together another GLBT panel to come speak to the class of undergrads and he wanted to know if I would be interested in representing the "gay male" aspect of the panel. Of course I said yes. He wants me to talk about my coming out experiences and that sort of thing.

I know it probably seems a little passe at this point to have a "gay panel." I mean, doesn't everybody know gay people now? Well, one would think, but especially with young people, and especially in Texas, I don't think that's the case. I heard some antecdotal stories last night about some UT undergrads who clearly knew nothing about real gay people's lives.

It should be fun. And we all know how much I love to talk about myself, so it's perfect.

No comments: