Sunday, January 15, 2006

"He's like a cat that falls off the table and then starts licking its butt."

Last night was a night of firsts for me:

1. I brazenly gave a boy my phone number right in front of one of his co-workers, and several party guests. It was at a birthday party for this guy in his house far up in the hills west of Austin, seemingly miles above the city. The boy was a caterer at the party, and we had been making eyes at each other all evening (well, okay, I was only there for an hour), and he was hot hot hot. I also think he's about 20. Anyway, we'll see what comes of it. Probably nothing, I'm sure, but it sure was nice to be so obviously checked out by somebody, and then to act on that. Especially on a stunning multi-level deck built on the side of a sloping hill, covered with what seemed like hundreds of tiny candles and clear christmas lights and a dimmer light in the swimming pool, which is on the lower deck. The bar was set up on the upper deck, overlooking the city. Appropriately.

2. I sang karaoke at a crowded bar. Collier had rented part of the patio at Mother Egan's, and some other birthday party had rented the other part. They had the karaoke, but they let us play. After Kurt sang, and Dylan sang, I finally pulled up my nerve (along with several beers) and sang "Like a Friend," by Pulp. It was fun and kind of addictive, it seems. I was going to sing another one but we ran out of time.

All in all, a nice and interesting weekend so far. This afternoon, soccer lives again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas lights, multi-level decks, a sloping hill, a beautiful boy, sounds like good stuff to me!