Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MyDeathSpace

When I talked to my mom yesterday, she told me that one of my high school teacher's sons was killed in a boating accident on Friday. It's really sad, not just because he's her son, obviously, but her only son, he was very young, and she was divorced, and raised him alone, and they had a really great relationship. And she taught us how to make jell-o shots in 11th grade health class.

For some reason, I was thinking her son was someone else, someone I had known in high school. So I did a google search on him this morning, and not only realized that I didn't, in fact, know her son (he's 7 years younger than me), but I also found this. Which he's on. Jason Mooney.

I find this so fucking creepy and in poor taste, like it's almost mocking them or something. Or it just feels very cold and detached, with the little fucking drawing of the skull on top, right above the 19-year-old girl who got beaten to death by her boyfriend. Lovely.

One more reason for me to hate MySpace.

No comments: