Tuesday, October 10, 2006

How's that whole Jesus' love thing workin out for ya?

As I was leaving my house this evening, I was slowly coming around the somewhat sharp, blind curve just north of my block, when a little red pickup came flying around the curve, pretty much right in the middle of the road, and came within about an inch of smashing into me.

I jerked my car to the right, nearly hitting the curb, to prevent being plowed into, and laid on my horn. I threw my hands up in the air at the driver and mouthed "What the hell are you doing?" you know, just to let them know that they seriously need to slow down.

So what does the driver do but furiously flip me off and yell "Fuck you!" out the window. As if I was the one who did the wrong thing.

These kinds of encounters always make me feel a little personally attacked, and as I sat there a moment, I looked up at the truck in my rear-view mirror and noticed that it had one of those little Jesus fish symbols with a large cross through it affixed to the back, along with some bumper sticker that said Jesus on it real big, and some other writing, but I couldn't make out what it said.

Nice.

No comments: