Monday, October 02, 2006

New Horizons

In addition to having inexplicably become excited about statistics, I have now decided, in all seriousness, to embark upon the world of cooking.

I hate cooking. I'm terrible at cooking. Which is the main reason I hate doing it. But the other day, someone told me about a carrot soup that they make that sounded delicious, so today I decided to try to make it.

While searching for a good recipe, I came across another recipe for cold blueberry and yogurt soup, to be used primarily as a dessert. So I decided to make them both.

The blueberry concoction has turned out nicely, I think; it's chilling at the moment. And the carrots, onions and spinach for the soup are simmering and getting mushy. About to be pulverized; I can't wait.

I also purchased a nice little piece of salmon to eat with the soup. And some Lone Star. And it's actually fun. I'm starting out simple, and hoping to gradually become more and more culinarily (is that a word?) skilled.

Here's a picture of my boiling soup (pre-mashing):
Taken with my computer, while holding my computer upside-down over the soup. Talented photographer, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, two of my favorite things - statistics and cooking. I love making soups in the fall and winter.

Victor