Monday, February 05, 2007

The Further Adventures of Our Young Hero in Which He Learns Another Valuable Lesson:

That to get him to engage in something he had previously derided and mocked but always sort of secretly wanted to do, is to make it involve a roomful of gay, naked men. Hence, tonight I attended my first session of nude yoga. (Sorry, no pics on the site.) Technically, it's not "gay only," but come on, how many straight guys are gonna go do that?

I've been wondering what to do about exercise lately. Nobody plays soccer anymore (and I'm not interested in joining a league or playing with strangers), and I'm totally burned out on going to the gym. I went for the first time in 3 weeks the other day, and only stayed for 20 minutes, I was so bored. So I heard about this place and decided to give it a day in court. And you know what? I actually had a really good time.

There's nothing sexy about it, folks, believe me, and I saw more assholes tonight than I ever cared or wanted to. Sometimes I just had to shut my eyes and pretend like I was someplace else. Someplace where people wear clothing while they bend over or stretch.

But it was fun, and I worked muscles I don't think I've ever worked at the gym. You laugh now, but you just wait. Abs of steel by summer.

But I promise to keep my pants on at Barton Springs.

No comments: