Thursday, May 11, 2006

Genius

I just got home from work and I'm chowing down on a burger from Billy's on Burnet (dee-lish!! They're fast becoming my favorite burger in town, and that's really saying something), watching the news, and they're doing a piece on lake safety for the summer, and they're talking to an "expert" on ways to stay safe, and I swear to God, she actually said:

"Humans don't have gills, so if you're out in the water, and you get tired, you can't just stop and rest like you can if you're on land."

Really?

They also just did a story on a woman who was a teacher at a private Catholic school somewhere who couldn't conceive with her husband, so she got in-vitro fertilization and was fired from the school because becoming impregnated that way went against church teachings. "It's not so much the fact that she got pregnant outside of the proscribed method of procreation within a marriage," a spokesperson said, "but it's the method she used that we have issues with." Or something to that effect.

I wonder if they'd have a problem with my method of shoving my fist up that guy's ass. The teacher and her husband have stopped attending the Catholic church. Thank God.

No comments: