Sunday, May 14, 2006

United 93

Remember how I said after seeing Brokeback Mountain that it was the only time I've really openly cried in public? I take it back. Bryan and I went to see United 93 today, and throughout the first half I felt like I was gonna throw up, and throughout the entire second half, I convulsively sobbed. Not a few tears running down my cheeks, but a torrent, chest heaving, stomach in total knots.

After everything that's happened since that day, it's easy to forget just what it felt like: the terror and fear, the sadness, the confusion, the helplessness. United 93 brings it all back as a grim reminder of what that day felt like on a purely visceral emotional level.

I'm fucking exhausted. It also makes me want to tell every person in my life how much I fucking love them.

So, if you're reading this, I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I too got dizzy nauseous watching this movie...one of the most effective movies as an experience that I have seen...