Monday, May 01, 2006

Yes, I'm ODB, as you can see

I had my first of 3 finals this morning, and I think I did okay. It was in my Lit class, and we had short answers and then had to write essays about the book Borrowed Time by Paul Monette, which I hated, and Angels in America, by Tony Kushner, which of course I love. We also got our last paper back, a drama review we had to write, on which I got a 97. He called it a "top notch review from someone who obviously knows theater." WTF? I guess it's easy to fool some people.

I also bought my bus ticket to go to Mexico this morning. I can't believe that's only 3 weeks away. It's scary and intimidating, but I'm really excited. I've never been away from home for 6 weeks before, especially in a foreign country, but it'll be great fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

Now I'm off to Barton Springs for an afternoon in the sun, and to (theoretically) study for my Spanish final tomorrow.

pee-ass - A VERY large thanks to you-know-who for so eloquently reminding me of Who I Am. It's easy to forget sometimes, and occasionally I make colossal errors in judgement, but thank God for people like you in my life to bring me back down to Earth. I am forever in your debt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen Stubbs would be proud of you!

Seriously, though, give yourself a little credit - you went through three years of drama in high school, went to drama camp, and hung out with drama people. Not to mention you were a film student. Plus you've seen "Angels in America" on stage (a great production, if I must say so myself!).

Yay Mexico! We're going to try to come visit.